Thursday 21 July 2016

Master Scene Journal

Today I started the creation of my master scene, Initially I started by creating a large flat polygon cube that will be the floor that everything will sit level on. After I had created this using more polygons I created a basic layout of my enviroment by creating roads and leaving spaces inbetween where I can locate different buildings and assetss. This took all of the lesson however I plan to start importing the different assesets nect lesson.

In todays lesson I imported 3 assesets into my master scene, my skyscraper two shopfronts however I found that the more objects I imported the more laggy Maya became so I had to be pacient as even small manouvers took longer than they should. I located the skyscraper in the middle on my village to ensure i is the focal point of my village. One more proplem I found was that where I have created all my different assets in different files the proportions were not the same when I imported them into the master scene.

I continued to import more assets into my master scene in this lesson. Now they are almost all imported and my master scene in almost complete, at this stage I believe the textures I selected were very apropriate as now the master scene is almost complete I can see that all the textures look well together and nothing sticks out for the wrong reasons in addition, all the assets suit eachother as they follow the same style as have they all have the same sharp clean angles which enchaces the overall look of my enviroment.

Finally I impoted the last of my assests into my master scene today so now it features: a skyscraper complete with helicopters and landing pads, 2 apple stores, a convenience store, a restraunt, 2 different types of bins, a vending machine, a carpark, and 3 different tyes of vehicles. Looking back on this process I would say the finished product if very effective and looks very sleek, clean and modern which is the look I was aiming for however to improve upon this I feel before I imported all the different assests I should have individually opened each file and merges each asset to one object meaning it will not take up as much space therefore not making the enviroment as laggy as it was however I am proud on the product.  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment