Monday 4 January 2016

Asset journal

My first asset is an artificial tree, this is designed to share similarities with a real tree from nature but include a modern flair that gives it a stylish/classy look that will fit in my futuristic city. I took my inspiration for the tree from a real tree and a new Japanese concept of an artificial tree.


My second asset is vaporising bin, when rubbish is thrown into it and it falls to the bottom lasers vaporise the litter meaning there will be not need to empty the bins saving time and money. The bin was inspired by a standard bin seen on the streets today however I wanted to add a modern characteristic that would ensure it suits the style of my futuristic city.



Thirdly I have designed a central cab that will be attached to a compartment/trailer, depending on what the vehicle will be used for will depend on the compartment they use. I have currently designed 2 compartments for the cab to be attached to: one is an enforcement truck with a water cannon on top for crowd control, this was inspired by an airport fire truck however "THE ENFORCER" can also be used as an ambulance or police car in a case of emergency such as a riot. The other compartment is designed to be a family saloon that would be very practical to a family. I plan to also make a van compartment that can be used for work. 


My final component is a skyscraper, my design was inspired my modern architecture and the introduction of bringing technology into the designs of buildings therefore the central hub of my building will rotate ensuring the apartment within that section a new view constantly. The main shape reflects and old school sand timer as the curves and lines were very clean and would suit a futuristic city.  



This is my second skyscraper, this has a lot more complex shapes and took a lot longer to make. This was inspired by the Taipei skyscraper in Taiwan, as you can see the building looks staggered and segregated, this is because each floor will be for different activities 

This is my shop front, I created this with the intention of it not having to use humans to run. To ensure it will be ok with no human staff it has a mechanical claw out the front, it also has a has a heavy duty CCTV camera that can move along the top of the shop to gain better angles. It also has a rotary door to control the flow of customers and stop the store getting over busy.


This is another shop I made, it is an apple store, I created this with the intention of not being large or a focal feature however it catches your eye if you look closely at the unconventional shape. I also created an interior for this asset as I made the walls transparent.



I created 4 different vehicles in total, the enforcer, a motorbike, a car and a helicopter, The are shown below in that order.



My final asset is a skyscraper, it is made up of 3 separate building connected by a tunnel, the building can retract in to make it structurally stronger in the case of an earthquake or other natural disasters. I merged all the windows to the building using Booleans.
  












  

No comments:

Post a Comment